Shri Kailadevi Maa, also known as Mahalaxmi or Kaila Devi, is a Hindu goddess worshiped by devotees worldwide. Her temple is located in Karauli district, Rajasthan, India. Shri Kailadevi Maa is known to be the guardian deity of the Meena community, who have been worshipping her for centuries.
The History of Shri Kaila Devi Maa
Shri Kailadevi Maa is believed to have been incarnated on earth during the Satya Yuga (the first of the four Hindu Yugas) to save humanity from demons. She is considered as a form of goddess Mahalaxmi, the consort of Lord Vishnu. The temple of Shri Kailadevi Maa is said to have been built during the 12th century by the Rajput king, Raja Bhomaj. The temple has since been renovated and expanded over the centuries.
Story Behind Shri Kailadevi Mata Karauli
According to Hindu mythology, Goddess Kaila Devi is considered to be an incarnation of Goddess Durga. There are different versions of the story behind her origin, but the most popular one is as follows:
Once upon a time, there was a king named Kedar. He had a beautiful daughter named Ratnavati. One day, while Ratnavati was playing with her friends in the forest, she came across a sage who was meditating. The sage was impressed by her beauty and asked her to marry him. Ratnavati refused and ran back to her palace. The sage was furious and cursed the princess that she would face a lot of troubles in her life.
Soon after, the kingdom was hit by a severe drought, and people started suffering. The king sought the help of the sage, who asked for the princess to be sacrificed in a Yagna (a ritual sacrifice). The king, who loved his daughter dearly, was devastated but had no choice. However, before the Yagna could be performed, Goddess Kaila Devi appeared and stopped it. She blessed the king and his daughter and promised to protect them from all evils.
Since then, the Kaila Devi temple was built in honor of Goddess Kaila Devi, and she became the protector of the kingdom. It is believed that whoever worships the goddess with devotion and sincerity is blessed with happiness, prosperity, and protection from all evils.
Over the years, the temple has become a popular pilgrimage site, and devotees from all over the world come to seek the blessings of Goddess Kaila Devi.
Kaila Mata Ki Aarti Timing
|Day||Morning Aarti Timing||Evening Aarti Timing|
|Monday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Thursday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Friday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Saturday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Sunday||5:30 AM||7:00 PM|
Note: Please keep in mind that the Aarti timings may vary during special occasions or festivals. It is always best to check with the temple authorities for the updated Aarti timings.
The Legend of Shri Kaila Devi Maa
The legend of Shri Kailadevi Maa is a fascinating one. According to Hindu mythology, the goddess was born to King Jai Singh and Queen Chandra Devi. As a child, Shri Kailadevi Maa showed remarkable strength and power. One day, while playing with her friends, she accidentally killed a young boy. Overcome with guilt and grief, she decided to leave her kingdom and went to live in the forest.
There, she lived as a hermit, meditating and performing austerities. One day, while she was meditating, a group of bandits attacked her. Shri Kailadevi Maa fought back with all her might, using her divine powers to defeat the bandits. The Meena tribe, who witnessed the battle, were impressed by her bravery and began to worship her as their guardian deity.
The Significance of Shri Kaila Devi Maa
Shri Kaila Devi Maa is an important deity in the Hindu religion, particularly in the state of Rajasthan, India. Her significance lies in her power and benevolence, which are believed to help her devotees in various aspects of life.
The deity is worshipped as an incarnation of the goddess Durga, who is known for her strength and courage. Shri Kaila Devi Maa is also associated with fertility, and her blessings are sought by women who wish to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy. She is also believed to have healing powers, and her devotees seek her blessings for physical and emotional healing.
In addition to her powers, the deity is also associated with protection. Her devotees believe that she can protect them from harm, whether it is physical, emotional, or spiritual. Many people also believe that worshipping Shri Kaila Devi Maa can bring them financial prosperity and success.
The temple dedicated to Shri Kaila Devi Maa in the Karauli district of Rajasthan is an important pilgrimage site for her devotees. The temple complex is a beautiful example of Rajasthani architecture, and it includes several buildings and structures, including the main temple, several smaller temples, and a museum. The temple is also famous for the annual Kailadevi Fair, which is a colorful and vibrant celebration that attracts thousands of devotees from all over the country.
Overall, the significance of Shri Kaila Devi Maa lies in her power and benevolence, and her devotees seek her blessings for various reasons, including healing, protection, fertility, and financial prosperity. Her temple and fair in Rajasthan are important cultural and religious landmarks, and her devotees continue to worship and seek her blessings with great faith and devotion.
The Architecture of the Temple
The Mata Mandir is a beautiful temple located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan, India. The temple’s architecture is a fine example of the traditional Rajasthani style, with intricate carvings and colorful designs adorning its walls and ceilings.
The main temple is dedicated to Shri Kaila Devi Maa, and it is built on a raised platform with a flight of steps leading up to it. The temple is made of stone, and its walls are decorated with intricate carvings of Hindu deities and symbols. The temple’s roof is made of white marble, and it is topped with a golden kalash (a traditional Hindu symbol of prosperity and good luck).
Inside the temple, there is a sanctum sanctorum where the deity is worshipped. The sanctum sanctorum is decorated with colorful fabrics and flowers, and there is a large silver idol of Shri Kaila Devi Maa in the center. The idol is adorned with jewelry and colorful clothes, and it is surrounded by smaller idols of other deities.
The temple complex also includes several smaller temples dedicated to other deities, including Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva. These temples are also beautifully decorated with colorful designs and intricate carvings.
In addition to the temples, the complex also includes a museum that houses various artifacts related to the temple’s history and the worship of Maa. The museum also showcases the traditional art and craft of Rajasthan, including paintings, sculptures, and textiles.
The Festivals Celebrated at Shri Kailadevi Temple
The Shri Kailadevi Temple is a famous Hindu temple located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan, India. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kaila Devi, who is considered as a form of Goddess Durga.
Several festivals are celebrated at the Shri Kailadevi Temple throughout the year. Some of the major festivals celebrated at the temple are:
- Navratri: Navratri is a nine-day festival celebrated twice a year, during the months of Chaitra (March-April) and Ashwin (September-October). During this festival, the temple is beautifully decorated, and devotees come to worship the goddess and seek her blessings.
- Diwali: Diwali is a five-day festival celebrated in the month of October or November. The temple is decorated with lights, and special pujas are performed to seek the blessings of the goddess. The festival of Diwali is celebrated with great fervor and enthusiasm at the Shri Kailadevi Temple.
- Holi: Holi is a festival of colors celebrated in the month of March. Devotees visit the temple to play with colors and seek the blessings of the goddess. Special pujas are performed on this occasion, and prasad is distributed among the devotees.
- Janmashtami: Janmashtami is celebrated in the month of August or September to commemorate the birth of Lord Krishna. The temple is decorated, and special pujas are performed to seek the blessings of Lord Krishna and Goddess Kaila Devi.
- Makar Sankranti: Makar Sankranti is a festival celebrated in the month of January to mark the transition of the Sun into the zodiac sign of Capricorn. The festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm at the Shri Kailadevi Temple, and devotees come to take a holy dip in the river that flows near the temple.
Apart from these festivals, several other festivals like Dussehra, Guru Purnima, and Akshaya Tritiya are also celebrated at the Shri Kailadevi Temple.
The Importance of Kaila Devi Fair
Kaila Devi Fair is an important cultural and religious festival celebrated in Rajasthan, India. The fair is held at the Kaila Devi Temple, which is located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan. It is usually held during the months of March-April and attracts a large number of devotees from all over the country.
The Kaila Devi Temple is dedicated to the goddess Kaila Devi, who is worshipped as an incarnation of Goddess Durga. The temple is believed to be over 300 years old and is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan. The fair is held in honor of the goddess and is a time for devotees to offer their prayers and seek her blessings.
The Kaila Devi Fair is a colorful and vibrant event that showcases the rich culture and traditions of Rajasthan. It is a time for people to come together and celebrate with music, dance, and food. The fair is also an important platform for local artisans to showcase their crafts and sell their products.
One of the highlights of the Fair is the animal fair, where traders from all over Rajasthan bring their cattle, camels, and horses to sell. This is a great opportunity for farmers and traders to meet and exchange ideas and also for tourists to experience the rural way of life in Rajasthan.
Overall, the Fair is an important cultural and religious festival that brings together people from all walks of life. It is a time to celebrate the rich heritage and traditions of Rajasthan and seek the blessings of the goddess Kaila Devi.
The Miracles of Shri Kaila Devi Maa
Shri Kaila Devi Maa is a revered deity in the Hindu religion and is believed to possess miraculous powers. Devotees who worship her and seek her blessings often share stories of the miracles she has performed for them. Here are some of the most popular miracles associated with Shri Kaila Devi Maa:
- Healing Miracles: Shri Kaila Devi Maa is believed to have the power to heal the sick and injured. Many devotees have reported miraculous healings after praying to her. People suffering from various illnesses such as cancer, paralysis, and heart disease have reportedly been cured after praying to the goddess.
- Protection Miracles: Shri Kaila Devi Maa is also believed to offer protection to her devotees. Many people have reported being saved from accidents, robberies, and other dangerous situations after seeking the goddess’s blessings.
- Fertility Miracles: Shri Kaila Devi Maa is considered to be the goddess of fertility and is often worshipped by couples who are trying to conceive. Many couples who have struggled with infertility have reportedly been blessed with children after praying to the goddess.
- Financial Miracles: Shri Kaila Devi Maa is also believed to be the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Many devotees have reported sudden financial gains and successful business ventures after seeking the goddess’s blessings.
- Relationship Miracles: Shri Kaila Devi Maa is also worshipped for her ability to bring people closer together. Many devotees have reported the mending of broken relationships and the restoration of love and harmony in their lives after praying to the goddess.
These are just a few of the many miracles associated with Shri Kaila Devi Maa. Her devotees believe that she has the power to grant their wishes and fulfill their deepest desires, and they continue to offer prayers and seek her blessings with great faith and devotion.
The Legacy of Shri Kailadevi Maa
The legacy of Shri Kailadevi Maa is deeply rooted in the Hindu religion and the cultural traditions of Rajasthan, India. The deity is worshipped by millions of devotees across the country, and her temple in the Karauli district of Rajasthan is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in the region.
Shri Kailadevi Maa is believed to be an incarnation of the goddess Durga, and is known for her power and benevolence. Her devotees seek her blessings for various reasons, including healing, protection, fertility, financial prosperity, and relationship harmony.
The temple dedicated to Shri Kailadevi Maa is a testament to her legacy, and is a beautiful example of Rajasthani architecture. The temple complex includes various buildings, including the main temple, several smaller temples, and various other structures. The temple also houses a museum that showcases the history and cultural significance of the deity.
The Fair, held annually at the temple, is another important aspect of the deity’s legacy. The fair is a vibrant and colorful celebration that attracts thousands of devotees from all over the country. The fair is known for its animal fair, where traders from all over Rajasthan bring their livestock to sell. The fair is also a platform for local artisans to showcase their crafts and sell their products.
Maa’s legacy is not limited to Rajasthan, but extends to other parts of the country as well. Her devotees can be found in various states, and her temple in Karauli is considered to be one of the most important pilgrimage sites in India.
Overall, the legacy of Shri Kailadevi Maa is one of devotion, power, and benevolence. Her devotees continue to seek her blessings with great faith and devotion, and her temple and fair remain important cultural and religious landmarks in Rajasthan and India.
How to Reach Kailadevi Mata Mandir
The Kailadevi Mata Mandir is a revered temple located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan, India. Here are some ways to reach the temple:
- By Air: The nearest airport to the temple is the Sanganer Airport in Jaipur, which is about 160 km away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to Karauli, which is about 35 km away from the temple.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to the temple is the Hindaun City railway station, which is about 12 km away. You can take a taxi or a local bus to reach the temple from the station.
- By Road: The temple is well-connected by road, and there are several buses and taxis available from nearby cities and towns. The nearest major city is Jaipur, which is about 160 km away. You can take a taxi or a bus from Jaipur to reach the temple.
Once you reach Karauli, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach the Kailadevi Mata Mandir. The temple is located about 25 km from Karauli, and the journey takes about 1 hour. You can also hire a taxi or take a local bus from nearby towns and cities like Sawai Madhopur, Bharatpur, and Agra.
It is advisable to visit the temple during the Fair, which is held annually during the months of March-April. During the fair, special buses and trains are arranged to make it easier for devotees to reach the temple.
Who is Shri Kailadevi Maa?
Shri Kailadevi Maa is a Hindu goddess, known for her power and strength. She is worshipped by the Meena community and is believed to possess immense power.
Where is the temple of Shri Kailadevi Maa located?
The temple of Shri Kailadevi Maa is located in Karauli district, Rajasthan, India.
What festivals are celebrated at the Shri Kailadevi temple?
Several festivals are celebrated at the Shri Kailadevi temple, including Navratri, Holi, Diwali, and Janmashtami.
What is the Kaila Devi fair?
The Kaila Devi fair is a famous event that takes place at the temple of Shri Kailadevi Maa every year. The fair is a vibrant and colorful affair, with food stalls, rides, and games for children, and traditional music and dance performances.
What is the significance of Shri Kailadevi Maa?
Shri Kailadevi Maa is believed to possess immense power and is revered by her devotees for her ability to protect them from harm. Her temple is a popular pilgrimage site, attracting thousands of devotees every year.